For clarity, “you” or “Users” of the Services may be “Members”, including anyone seeking identity verification, documentation and dissemination of persons whether employees or business associates.
We do not require personal information beyond the National Identification Number (NIN) when you use the Identity Verification Services (IVS) for the verification of NIN, except for billing and credit card information, when payment is made to a third party. These billing and bank card information are not retained on our platform.
Customer Credit Card Information: CheckMyPeople does NOT keep a copy of your credit card number. Payment is made through a Third Party. We have no control over the payment processing, and request card or bank information at the point of transaction for the purposes of billing you and processing payment. This billing data belongs to you, and by utilizing the Service, you grant CheckMyPeople a license to use this data to bill you for services rendered.
Personally, Non-Identifiable Information: We may collect personally non-identifiable information from you at the time of registration, or when you choose to use certain of our Services. This information is not, by itself, sufficient to identify or contact Users. Examples include but are not limited to demographic data, age, education level, profession, geographic location or gender. CheckMyPeople may store such information, or it may be included in databases owned and maintained by CheckMyPeople ‘s affiliates, agents or service providers. The Services may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Website and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. It is important to note that no personal data is available or used in this process.
Passively Collected Information: When you interact with us through the Services, we receive and store certain additional, personally non-identifiable information. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. Examples include IP addresses, browser types, domain names, date and time of page views, location information associated with your IP address, your interactions to an ad delivered by us or our ad technology partners and other anonymous statistical data involving your use of the Website and/or our services.
Aggregated Personal Data: In an ongoing effort to better understand our Users, we might analyze the personal data that is provided through the Services in aggregate form. This aggregate information does not identify Users personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Log Files: In operating this Website and the Services, we may use technologies such as cookies, web beacons and log files. A cookie is a piece of information that the computer that hosts our Website gives to your computer when you access a website. A web beacon is an electronic file that signals when a webpage, advertisement, video, other content, an email or newsletter has been viewed. Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile application each time you access the Website or our Services. Our cookies, web beacons and log files help provide additional functionality to the Website and Services and help us analyze Website and Services usage more accurately.
Sharing Information: We use the information we collect from our Services to provide, maintain, protect and improve our delivery of service, to develop new services, and to protect CheckMyPeople and our Users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads. We will not share Users’ personal information with anyone except for the situations listed below or unless we specifically inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of our sharing your personal information.
We may share your personal information with:
- Authorized service providers. Our authorized service providers are companies that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include, but are not limited to, fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analyses, supporting the functionality of the Services, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features we offer. These service providers may have access to User’s personal information to the extent necessary to perform their functions, but we do not allow them to share or use any of your personal information for any other purpose.
- CheckMyPeople affiliates. We may share information we collect, including personal information, with CheckMyPeople -owned or affiliated businesses. Sharing information with our affiliates enables us to provide you with information about a variety of products and services that might interest you. All CheckMyPeople companies comply with applicable privacy and security laws and, at a minimum, in any commercial e-mail they send to you, will give you the opportunity to choose not to receive such e-mail messages in the future.
- Business partners. We may share User’s personal information with the merchants offering the products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. We will not share your personal information with these businesses unless you choose to participate in their offer or program. When you choose to engage in a particular offer or program, you authorize us to share your email address and other information with the relevant merchant.
- Communication: When you contact us, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our Services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or rights available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our Users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce the Terms of Service or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We will not share your personal data:
- To run interest-based advertising campaigns that collect personal data such as email addresses, telephone numbers, and credit card numbers.
- To use or associated personal data with remarketing lists, cookies, data feeds, or other anonymous identifiers.
- To use or associate targeting information, such as demographics or location, with any personal data collected from the ad or its landing page.
- To share any personal data with Google or third-party companies through our remarketing tag or any product data feeds which might be associated with our ads.
- To send Google or third-party companies precise location information without obtaining your consent.
Children: The Website and our related Services are not intended for children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. Children aged 13 or older should not submit any personal information without the permission of their parents or guardians. By using the Website and our related Services, you are representing that you are at least 18.
Security: We take precautions to ensure the security of your information. However, we cannot guarantee that hackers or unauthorized personnel will not gain access to your personal information despite our efforts. You should note that in using the Website and our related Services, this information will travel through third party infrastructures which are not under our control.
Opt-Out Policy: If, at any time after registering, you change your mind about receiving information from us or about the use of information volunteered by you, please send us a request specifying your new choice. Please contact us as specified above.
PLOT 962 ANTHONY ANI ROAD
Abuja, Federal Capital Territory.
Copyright © 2021 CheckMyPeople, Inc. All rights reserved.